GPUs

NVIDIA RTX 4060 was Top Sold Mobile GPU in June, RTX 4070 Ti was the Bestselling RTX Desktop Card

NVIDIA’s RTX 40 series GPUs were thoroughly judged for their high price tags, especially in the midrange segment. Poor reviews generally lead to low sales, or do they? The latest Steam Hardware Survey shows that the GeForce RTX 4060 laptop GPU is the most popular mobility graphics processor, steadily gaining share since April. Next to the 4060 mobile, we have the RTX 4050 laptop GPU gaining +0.16% share in June.

In the desktop segment, the GeForce GTX 1660 was the most popular GPU, gaining close to a +2% share in June. The AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT was the second most popular desktop GPU, gaining a +0.19% share. The GeForce RTX 4070 Ti was the most popular RTX desktop card, gaining a +0.16% market share last month.

The GeForce RTX 4070 and RTX 4090 were the next two most popular GPUs among Steam gamers in June, making the RTX 4080 the least liked Lovelace card. On AMD’s side, the Radeon RX 6650 XT and the 6800 XT were the top-selling graphics cards with no sign of the newer RX 7000 series offerings.

In the processor segment (Windows), AMD and Intel are fighting it out without any lasting changes. AMD controls 32% of the market, as it did at the beginning of the year. Intel accounts for the remaining 68%. In the Linux segment, AMD is quickly becoming the defacto vendor, with a share of 67% at the end of June. Team Red has been slowly but consistently gaining Linux processor market share for quite some time now. The results speak for themselves.

Areej Syed

Processors, PC gaming, and the past. I have written about computer hardware for over seven years with over 5000 published articles. I started during engineering college and haven't stopped since. On the side, I play RPGs like Baldur's Gate, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Divinity, and Fallout. Contact: areejs12@hardwaretimes.com.
Back to top button